NATO Force Integration Units (NFIUs) are part of the NATO Force Structure (NFS) under the primary responsibility of Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR); they have no deployable remit. NFIU Estonia is one of four NFIUs under operational Command and Control (C2) of Headquarters Multi National Corps North East (MNC NE) which, itself, is a headquarters within the NFS. NFIU Estonia is one of six first-wave NFIUs together with those established in Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Romania.
Assigned specifically to Estonian territory, with primary responsibility to facilitate the rapid deployment of the VJTF and other NRF elements held at high readiness levels in order to enhance Alliance responsiveness.
- Prepare and support the Reception, Staging and Onward Movement (RSOM) of the VJTF, and other NRF elements;
- Support Article V operations, planning and exercises, including fostering coherence with national defence planning;
- Support to Non-Article V operations, where appropriate, and agreed by Nations;
- Coordinate and assist multinational training and exercises in Estonia;
- Prepare and support the sustainment of the VJTF, and other NRF elements;
- Support the ongoing Assurance Measures (AM), including preparing to receive, support the integration into operational C2(s) and enable the sustainment of Combat and Combat Support elements engaged in AM activities.
USANATO Support Unit:
Charlie Company, AFNORTH Battalion
APO AE 09114-0069
Commercial: +49 8418 8660 5300
US Army Garrison (USAG) Bavaria [External Link]
NATO Force Integration Unit (NFIU) Estonia [External Link]
Country Culture Field Guide:
Estonia Culture Field Guide